Almost.

I heard goodbyes are always bittersweet. They come without warning and live with us for the rest of our lives in our memories or maybe, if you are someone like me, they get out. Out of your mind, out of the bounds we set for that kind of pain. I heard people always find it hard to move on. It's natural. Of course, forgetting the memories, colour of his eyes or the way he made you smile is hard and your mind becomes so cruel in that period of time because it replays all the shattered broken promises. It replays the moments you don’t want to remember.

The following poem is about how you realize that you are attached to him in every aspect of your life, how even changing your perspective won’t help you to move on, it’s about how you start to notice every the detail in nature just to take your mind off him but even that reminds you of him. The following poem is something that happens when your heart decides to go against your mind and keeps him forever within.

ALMOST.

The sky is on fire
And it looks so bright,
You are the first thing I see
In that burning orange light.

Never felt like this before,
Never felt this amazed.
My heart is trying to explain my mind
Why lately everything reminds it of you and me.

Our story was almost perfect,
You said we are almost there.
Now I’m afraid of this word
Cause you left and our ‘almost’ never came.

I know why this burning sky,
This sunset reminded me of you.
Because it shines just as bright
As your eyes do.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burning Soul.

Dear 2023...

Two Different Worlds...