Falling in Love.

What do I miss the most about you? Let’s talk about it here. I miss a lot of things. Like the way it all began. The awkward, nervous phase that I was able to survive. It was very embarrassing but still, I enjoyed every bit of it. Oh, at that time I used to blush by your name and seeing you just once would make my day. It was the best time of my life so far. And then, life took an interesting turn, we fell in love. Or at least that’s what we call it, right? Was it meant to be? I don’t know. I don’t even know if it was the right thing. But it felt right and at that time, at that moment, the only thing mattered was you. I now know that it was a mistake but I think this mistake was worth making. I think this mistake was something that told me ‘Everything makes sense. Even though it wrecks your heart to know the truth, after hearing it you will start to heal.’

I miss being in love. That feeling when you see your lover. Like butterflies rising in your stomach, like just want to go there and share your secrets and have midnight talks with him and just stay up all night telling each other about your family, your hobbies, your mistakes and what you learned from them. The way that deep conversation makes you adore that feeling and the one you are feeling it for is just something I would never get enough of. I miss the feeling of belongingness, of knowing that you are right where you were meant to be. I miss knowing you are home just by looking in his sparkling golden eyes or hearing his voice.

Falling in love is beautiful. At least, I think it is. Many people think it’s the waste of time or only a way to hurt your heart but I disagree with that. I don’t think you get to decide if you want to adore and admire and love someone, it just kind of happens. Before you know it or before you can think about it, it's there, making a place in your life, in your heart, in your past. I mean, I sometimes think about this word ‘love’. What does it actually mean? There are thousands of definitions about it on the internet but oh, none of them seems to matter when he is around. None of them makes my heart feel the way his ‘I love you’ does.

Love makes you curious, it makes you explore new things, go on new adventures. And I think love is something which inspires poets a lot. Poets always need to look at the details, observe little things and this ‘love’ just makes them feel those. I think that’s wonderful.

I read a quote once. It said, ‘You can never love everyone the same way.’ Isn’t it true? Even though love is only one word, it has different meanings according to the one you are using that word for. I think you are lucky to be in love and to enjoy it with all your heart and yeah, being in love can also mean with yourself. And trust me, when you know how to love yourself, you will begin to understand the meaning of those four simple letters forming one simple yet complicated word- love.

Comments

  1. I really liked this blog. There are many heart-touching lines. ��❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Burning Soul.

Dear 2023...

Two Different Worlds...